Otakued for a Comment

Otakued for a Comment
drop a comment ANYWHERE to see what you would look like as an anime character!!!

3 Reasons Why Dragon Ball Sucks

Are you considering watching the Dragon Ball series?

Maybe you’re already a die hard fan like myself?

 The Dragon Ball series is one of the most popular anime and even TV shows of all time.

For many people like myself, it made a great childhood. Even my 9 year old brother is getting into the series.

HOWEVER… 

There are plenty of reasons why this series sucks. And I’m not talking about the original Dragon Ball show sucking but the others.

In this post, I’ll be going over my top 3 reasons why the series sucks.

NOTE: I’m a massive fan of the series and love to support it.

This post is being created to show it’s so-called “dark side”.

1. Drags on


Even the die hard fans have to admit that the series just drags on.

The number of memes that has comes out it this is insane.

When Frieza was going to blow up the planet in *cough* 5 minutes.

He took 8 episodes.

A couple of characters were talking about fuzing together and it taking *cough* 30 minutes.

It took 6 episodes.

It felt like whenever someone threw a punch, the episode would end. And in the next episode, someone would power up and that episode would end.

 As kids, we didn’t mind this. And seeing my younger brother watch the series is proof of this.

BUT…

 As I aged, I found myself wanting something intellectually challenging in the series. Not just mindless punches, kicks and energy balls.

 It didn’t have to be something out of Death Note but something that made the audience think.

One minor example of this was when Goku fought hit and we figured out he had a time skip ability. 

This made Goku and the audience think just a little bit. Unfortunately thinking like this is done too little.

We just have to sit in front of a scream fest. This video pretty much sums it up:


2. Same plot over and over again
Here’s the plot… 
  1. A villain suddenly shows up and wants to destroy the planet 
  2. Goku is away and the other characters have to fight 
  3. Of course, the fighters get the crap kicked out of them because they can’t scream like Goku 
  4. Goku shows up at the last moment and defeats the villain because he outscreamed him
BOOM! PLOT DONE!

Honestly… I wish I was exaggerating but this is what happens all the time in the series.



3. Unsavoury fans 


I’ll be the first one to admit that I used to be an unsavoury fan. Not listening to reason.

But when I tried watching the Dragon Ball Z again, I found myself forwarding and skipping episodes.
I just couldn’t believe how much it dragged on.

 And to be honest, I don’t think the series is making a lot of new fans. The creators are just trying to please the old ones.

Bottom line

So I know I’ve crapped on the series a whole bunch.

However, the positives certainly out-weigh the negatives.

 I wanted to mention the above because the series isn’t as amazing as people think.

The people who are really enjoying the show are mostly the much older fans because it reminds them of their childhood.

 There’s no innovation whatsoever. Just the same formula over and over again.

Comments

  1. I'm n't yet sure where you'll be getting your information, but this is an excellent topic. I really do have to spend some time learning or comprehending more. Thank you for fantastic information I was looking for this knowledge for my mission. This was also my first visit to this website, and the post is incredibly beneficial to me; keep posting such content. I'm not going to name the soft books I use because I don't want any soft book to be able to identify us and as the author of just this short article. Wonderful blog!
    Giant Race
    Bugs Bunny
    Draw Car Race
    Noob Skyblock

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *